Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Other Side by Anita Marie Moscoso



I haven't come here to forgive the things others have done to me.

I've come here to forgive myself.

I walked through the ruined gates and murky waters and passed the ruined tombstones and and when I walk back out I'm going to leave behind every injury I've ever done to myself.

I need to lay it all to rest and move ahead.

So I'm going to forgive myself for all of those awful things I told myself over the years: I was stupid, ugly, worthless, dirty, a failure and a disgrace. Words and deeds more hateful and harmful then anything inflicted upon me by my worst enemy.

It's important that I forgive myself for making a life a chore, a task a sentence instead of the gift of adventure it was intended to be.

I've come here to forgive myself ... once upon a time my worst enemy.

I hope she will become my friend.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Very clear and powerful - free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home