Thursday, September 15, 2005

An Opinion

FORE-GIVE-NESS

'tis easy to grant a soul mate
a gift of selfless love enduring;
which includes a caress of solace
for future pain from human error.

Because my 'house is in order' --
at least cobwebs swept from mental attic,
I can give you peace aforethought --
know that this I have fore given thee.

And in the magick of reflection
by which yearning spirit seeks balance,
I know that I am given in turn
soulful peace both fore and aft.

Today and on, I grant a stranger
that which I have learned to from thee --
that open heart and hand includes gift
of saying 'yes' be-fore the dawn of tears.

Forgiveness is chained to sorrow
with links of imagined guilt and shame;
forged by priests in self-enhancement
that you may choose not to empower.

When you escape from simple belief
and transcend to knowing love instead,
then be-fore you sing in sisterhood
you give all -- or not at all, by choice.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Luna said...

Ah, the choice to forgive. I think we sometimes forget that it is a choice. Lovely!

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

How long can we afford not to forgive? There is a meaning to life that isn't instructed by the powers that be - it's personal and concerns each person individually. Thanks for this piece.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home